Thursday, October 10, 2024

Blessing on this Thankfulness Thursday - Gratitude the Dynamic Dynamo

 

Blessing on this Thankfulness Thursday!!!

Today I’m just thankful for my being here. There’s so much going on in this world that we can’t even comprehend the totality of events. I’m so thankful for my family and friends being OK and safe through all of this.

When my three daughters were in elementary school, back in the 1990’s, we had a tornado that went straight up the road perpendicular to ours. We were two houses from the end of our road. It went up through those East Tennessee hills and none of us had all of our windows intact.

The neighbors next door were happy to have their friend run from their truck to the house as the storm hit. The company truck took a beating but the driver was whole and safe.

The girls and I hid in the closet in the hallway. Our dog was inside the other closet with my now ex husband. The cats were outside and I was so worried for them. The girls I had curled up with me. My youngest was trying not to cry but she was anyway. She was only 5. We were all praying. I led them through the simple prayers many of us learn in childhood. I snugged my girls up tight as we hunkered down in my clothes closet. In that closet with those girls and I, I felt a presence strong but calm as we said our prayers.

That twister was one of many that day in our area. It lasted about 5 minutes up and down our road. When it was all clear I kissed and hugged each of my girls and we wiped tears away from our faces. After a few minutes we went outside to look for Patches our calico and the other cats. Thankfully they were OK as they came out of the woods to us!

The destruction was all over. To this day I still have photos of the hailstones that measured 3-4 inches in diameter! Thankfully none of the houses were totaled, but everyone got new roofs and most of us had new windows in several parts of our houses that year! We were so thankful none of the neighbors were badly hurt and everyone had their homes.

Perhaps you’ve had similar experiences with storms. Heaven knows we’ve had enough severe and horrible storms the last several years. I remember watching the lady find her dog on live tv back in 2011. We had twisters going from Birmingham all the way up the south corridor. I still feel that day was “bowling” but in all the wrong ways. We had 9 funnel clouds go over my home and three families lost everything just a mile or two from where I was at the time.

Places all over the south got hit hard. My youngest daughter told me of how her wonderful new white care looked like cranky gremlins had hammered her car and left dents all through. That was another time I was so thankful my kids were safe.

Thankfulness/Gratitude puts you in a very different energy for us, our surroundings as well as those we care about too.

There are times when I’ve been on my inner knees so very thankful. It really is a dynamic change in energy for us. Spirit knows just how much that dynamic change does <3




No comments:

Post a Comment